Like Figures - Content Policy and Notice Takedown Procedure
Like Figures Content Policy and Notice Takedown Procedure
Users of the Like Figures Service are responsible for making sure their content complies with this Content Policy.
As specified in our Terms and Conditions, we expect that the creator of a 3D design hold the copyrights to the content. Hence, please only upload your own original work or work that is freely available through a Creative Commons license.
On the Like Figures portal you can let other people see your work by making a model “display to the public” and you can “offer for sale to others”. None of these settings will mean that any rights you have to this model will be transferred to the people viewing or ordering your model.
Please do not infringe other people's intellectual property rights. Intellectual property rights mean copyright, patent, registered design, design right, trade mark or trade secret.
We ask that content which could be interpreted by others as inappropriate for a general audience would be kept “private”. In case of doubt, choose to keep your model “private”.
Some examples of content that is prohibited and will be removed, private or public:
1) Content that may infringe on the rights of a third a party;
2) Content that contains hate speech in any form;
3) Content that contains nudity that is not artistic in nature and/or explicit sexual content;
4) Content that exploits images or the likeness of minors;
5) Content that depicts violence, is obscene, abusive, fraudulent or threatening;
6) Content that resembles weapons or weapon accessories (exceptions are made for miniatures, maximum size 10 cm);
7) Material that is generally offensive or in bad taste, as determined by Like Figures.
The list outlined above is not an exhaustive list of prohibited material but rather general guidelines for you to follow.
Commenting and Posting on the Forum
Racism, prejudice or hate speech in any shape or form will not be tolerated by us.
At all times, Like Figures has the right to change the status of a model deemed inappropriate to “private”. If a post or comment does not comply with this Content Policy it will be removed from the Website. In case of repeated gross misconduct, Like Figures reserves the right to close a user account or to ban a particular person from the Website altogether.
Notice Take Down
In order to cooperate with and protect intellectual property right owners, we implemented the following notice take down system. In case you find content on the Like Figures website which you think is inappropriate, might infringe your intellectual property right or does not comply to our content policy, please notify us.
In the email please indicate the allegedly infringing content, a statement on why you believe that the use of the content is not authorized by the copyright holder and some identifying information about yourself so that we can contact you. We will investigate the reported content and decide whether, according to Like Figures, the claim is deemed to be valid and the content needs to be removed.
Further, in case a 3D model which is found to be infringing, has already been turned into a printed model, we retain the right to destroy it, provided it is still in our possession, and cancel your order in accordance with the terms indicated in the Like Figures Terms and Conditions under section “Order”. In such case we might require you to indemnify us for our damages as set forth in the Like Figures Terms and Conditions under section “Indemnification”.
With regard to non-published 3D design (see section “Intellectual Property Rights” in the Like Figures Terms and Conditions), in order to protect third party intellectual property right owners who, in such case, may not be able to benefit from our Notice-Take-Down Procedure, we retain the right to review and refuse any order when it, in our own discretion, appears to infringe third party intellectual property rights, or, in our discretion the 3D model does not comply with this Content Policy.
In addition, Like Figures has adopted the following general policy toward copyright:
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Like Figures Website infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the following address: email@example.com.
1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed; Identification of works or materials being infringed;
2) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Like Figures is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
3) Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
4) A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
5) A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
When removing content from the site, Like Figures will make reasonable attempts to inform the user of the notice for removal, the reason for the removal, and may provide the user with a copy of the notice and the notifying party’s contact information. Like Figures will endeavour to remove the content in a timely manner.
Removal of Allegedly Infringing Content
Once proper notification of copyright infringement is received , Like Figures may remove or disable access to such content. If Like Figures removes or disables access to content in response to an infringement notice, Like Figures will make reasonable attempts to notify the user that Like Figures has removed or disabled access to the content.
Procedure to Supply a Copyright Counter-Notice to Like Figures
If you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is not infringing upon the intellectual property, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees.
If you believe that your content does not infringe any copyrights, you must send a counter-notice to the following address: email@example.com. Please do not re-list or reactivate the content yourself. The counter-notice must contain the following information:
1) Your physical or electronic signature (by fax or regular mail – not by email, except by prior agreement);
2) Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
3) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the content;
4) Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the New York, USA.
Like Figures may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright or intellectual property owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed content may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at Like Figures discretion.
Please contact Like Figures to submit Notifications of Claimed Infringement and Copyright Counter-Notices at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other questions please feel free to send us a message.