What is worse than having someone abandon your website because of a poor experience? That can be a real bummer, especially since you can control UX elements in the site, unlike some factors that may be out of your control. There’s no sense in losing out on sales opportunities because of a few shortcomings and design faults.
Choose to sign up with a company offering web design in Suffolk County, NY, to get a clean website that can guarantee your customers a satisfying shopping experience. For this, you need to know how to avoid some common design mistakes.
Leading SEO and web design experts have expertise in user experience that can protect your business against such pitfalls:
- Stock images: You will find many websites use generic images for their pages. However, there are no one-size-fits-all images that can boost your sales. What’s worse is that stock images compromise your site’s credibility and don’t add any value to it. They reveal nothing about your company and make the site look dated and poorly designed. It’s important to choose images that will showcase your products and push your sales up.
- Ill-placed advertisements: You must have come across ads that literally take over a webpage, making users hover around it as they browse. Does this achieve its purpose? Unfortunately, these ads won’t improve your click-through rates; rather, they can completely ruin your visitors’ time on the site. It’s like those annoying salespeople that keep popping out at different corners, pushing you to buy something. Signing up with a leading web design Long Island company ensures your site is intuitive and respects your visitor’s time spent here. If your main income source is eCommerce sales and subscriptions, stick to acquiring more buyers.
- Unfriendly site: A hard-to-navigate website is a visitor’s worst nightmare. You must remember that people of all ages may be visiting the site, which cannot afford to look complicated. When a site offers too many options, it can impress a techie, but it will probably send a regular customer away. Hiring a quality “web design company near me” in Suffolk County will ensure you have a user-friendly website with few options that are more visually appealing and effective. The site should adapt to your users, not the other way around.
- Slow-loading site: Do you know that a visitor will leave your website within seconds if he cannot find what he is looking for? Sounds unreal, alright, but as an eCommerce business owner, you know that every second counts. A fast-loading website will improve conversions and lower bounce rates. ECommerce sales losses can hit almost $4.35 billion when site speed is low, according to CacheFly. If you find that your pages are taking a while to load, talk to your SEO partners to resolve the issue.
- Auto-play videos: What can be more frustrating for your viewer than these? When a video starts to play within seconds of him arriving at your site, it completely throws him off track. In most cases, he cannot even locate the mute button in time to make it stop playing! The result? He doesn’t come back to you again. Videos have a purpose, but auto-play videos can be a deterrent.
These are some common design mistakes that are easily avoidable when you have the right people to guide you. The idea is to retain your customers at all costs, and for this, you need to make sure they can access relevant information when they need to.