Pilling is the most effective, well-established, and safest method for constructing the building foundation and is considered best for under-pinning homes that easily and safely base the mega-structures like oil rigs, skyscrapers, and bridges. Another amazing fact about using Contiguous Piling is the generation of retaining walls efficiently with a complete grip ahead. It is also cost-effective, and you can get better construction in the normal range.
Move forward if you are interested in getting more information about Contiguous Piling!
What is Contiguous Piling?
No doubt, firstly, it comes to your mind, ‘What is Contiguous Piling?’ That’s normal, Dude! You can’t go down for more if you are not clear about your problem statement!
The construction of retaining walls and basements by the insertion of augured pills in a row that is set at a touching distance between each is known as Contiguous Piling.
Uses of Contiguous Piling
There are various uses of Contiguous Piling, and the major ones are enlisted below for your clearance!
- Wing walls are supported
- Excavation support is ensured
- Slopes are stabilized
- Bridge abutment is ensured
- Substructures are inserted near the existing structures
- Cellars are developed
- Basements are constructed
Process of Contiguous Piling and Construction Sequence
The major steps of Contiguous Piling are enlisted below, scroll down and have a glance at it once!
- CFA (Contiguous Flight Auger) technique is followed for overall procedure completion
- Pile is constructed first by CFA technique or rotary bored
- The bending forces are allowed to carry by installing pile cage reinforcement
- Design strength is gained by allowing the concrete
- The tiles are piled together by installing the capping beam
- The pile walls work as the monolithic structures
- The commenced reduced level is transformed into the formation level
- The permanent or temporary propping is installed to fulfill the design demands
Advantages of Contiguous Piling
There are some benefits of using Contiguous Piling that make it prior above all!
- It is a very fast method that you get the piled walls constructed with speedy installation
- The ideal way for excavation is Contiguous Piling which is beneficial for underground utilities and footings for the buildings that are going to place at the adjacent building
- It is safe for the urban areas that are much more crowded for retaining properties and adjoining buildings
- They are economically used rather than the diaphragm walls as a priority
- It is a safe and secure method with fewer time demands and good-quality work
- Contiguous Piling is a cost-effective method and its necessities are always budget friendly
- It is one of the efficient methods used for difficult places where construction is not easy
- This is the familiar way to go deeper into the land where you want the ideal construction in metropolitan cities
- Its load-bearing capability is also wonderful
- The contiguous pile walls ensure a more flexible geometry than the diaphragm walls, that’s why always listed at the top
- There is no need for any proper guide wall to generate a contiguous pile wall
- It is very easy to construct in the load variations
Environmental Impacts of Contiguous Piling
- It is a suitable method of construction for industrial contexts and crowded urban areas with low vibration and noise and less deformation of the soil mass
- It has a positive impact on the environment by retaining the Earth and its overall constituents with less excavation
Fields of Applications
- Embankment cuttings
- Carry horizontal loads for bridge abutments
- New basements in the urban areas mainly
- Maintain the slope stability
- Support the highways to embank the slippage
- Capability to use capping beam for axial loading
- Limited excavation depth by the length of cage reinforcement inserted in piles
- The piles can easily carry the bending forces
- They always act monolithically
- They are tied at the top and attached to the capping beam for ideal movement
- Pile walls are generated by considering the ideal gap between the piles, which is considered 100-150 mm normally
- It is not a suitable method of construction in hard rocks and clay. So, make sure the texture of the Earth where you are going to construct a building
- It is a familiar method for different kinds of soil like soft rocks, cohesive soil, and granular soil just because of the rotatory drilling technique used in it
- The retaining walls are always generated by Contiguous Piling due to less sound production
Things to Consider while Choosing Contiguous Piling
Good decisions always need strong perceptions and true features about the thing. Just like that, you should consider different factors when you are going to select the Contiguous Piling!
All the pile foundation expenses are included in the total cost of the Contiguous Piling. Splicing or storage can add more expenses. The comparative cost might be added to the required modifications of the overall procedure of construction.
The piles are available in different sizes, and even they can be cut off or spliced into pieces of different lengths. The pile demands about the project should be scheduled in advance because your order and delivery may take days and months.
The performance of the piles is its quality. Basically, that is for a lifetime when fixed once. The few structure displacements should be avoided for maintenance and protection from harmful leadings.
The constructability is affected by the anticipated surface that, should be considered mainly. The vibration and soil destruction may affect the adjacent piles badly. The interference should be prevented by ensuring pile spacing. The ability to cut the piles also affected the overall constructability of the building.
5. Pile Spacing and Load Capacity
The load-carrying capability of the piles matters a lot and always comes under the spotlight for maintaining the whole process of construction. So, ensure the load capacity and pile spacing must that will give an edge in further proceedings.
There are many other methods of construction, but why is contiguous piling the best among them? Did you ever think about why people always go for them? Yes, you are getting it right now!
Contiguous Piling is the safe and secure method to construct contiguous pile walls with less noise and vibration that protect neighbor buildings and other portions of your own. This method is considered one of the best methods of constructing basements and buildings with insertion. If you are looking to get a more detailed answer to the query what is Contiguous Piling and its services, contact us Here!